Monday, August 31, 2009

CD1

Yesterday was CD1- and what a horrible start it was! I had accidentally been off the pill the prior month (I thought I was set up for auto delivery from my mail order pharm- not so much!), so wasn't quite sure what to expect. As we were about to start cleaning up from dinner - I swear I almost doubled over from an onset of cramps. I don't think I've experienced anything that bad since I was in middle school and the ibuprofen was in my mom's bedroom and I didn't want to wake her. Anyway, 1 heating bad. 1 hour, and 4 ibuprofen later, I was ok. I'm now happily back on the BCP's that apparently, will hold my cycle until Janet catches up in ~9 days. I called the Dr's office this morning (per their directions) and the nurse told me Dr. H would start developing the protocol.

Janet now has ~9 days to get her required pap smear and physical that apparently she's been putting off, and now- I really really really have to go back to the evil LabCorp for my FDA panel blood draw. Hopefully this time they won't make me wait forever for nothing.
On an interesting note- this morning I walked in the office to a gaping hole near my desk. Apparently someone drove through a window (accidentally). Since I know everyone is ok, I feel like it's ok to laugh- these things just don't happen in our world! They've been boarding up the hole, cleaning up the glass, etc for the past two hours- its making me nuts! On the other hand, its nice and cool outside (for Texas) and the new "ventilation" has made the temp pretty nice.

5 comments:

cindyhoo2 said...

I am so excited for you guys to get underway! That whole FDA panel thing, it is such a hassle for such a small thing. I do like the lovely plywood covering but I think the open-air breezeway would have been nicer :)

Meredith said...

I think I'll take your suggestion to building management- perhaps even a screen covered breezeway- for added bug protection?

Sarah said...

Hey, so can they keep you on birth control a couple extra weeks before starting the Lupron for timing? I ask for a different reason - my clinic requires full IVF payment at the start of Lupron, and my bonus is coming on Oct 15th, so I want to start bcps when I get my period in the next week or so and then start lupron the week of oct 15th. That way I won't have to wait out another cycle before starting bcps. Think it would work?

Meredith said...

Sarah- given that monocyclic BCP's essentially suppress ovulation and hold the body at static hormone levels- and that the process is used to sync egg donors with recipients- it seems to me like it would work- and prevent you from having to wait for another ovulatory cycle. (How's that for a run on sentence?)

Meredith said...

Ok, one more thing- I found on Wikipedia: "The Egg Donation Cycle will begin with a few weeks of birth control pills (to synchronize the donor's cycle with the Recipient’s), followed by a series of injections."

So, if we can view you as an egg donor to yourself- seems like you can do it without issue.