Thursday, June 30, 2011

One


I turn one tomorrow.  It doesn't seem possible to my mommies, but I suppose they just aren't down with the toddlerhood yet.  Rumor has it that even though my birthday is tomorrow, my shindig has to wait until Sunday.  I guess I can handle it as long as momma follows through and actually makes my cake.  I think homemade carrot cake is worth the wait.  I've never had it before, but something inside me says its going to be awesome.  My friend Lily's mom and dad are making a keg of wheat beer for my party.  I don't know what that is either, but I think my mommies were thrilled when they heard.  My other friend Tom's dad is teaching my momma to smoke brisket on Saturday, and I know from experience it will be awesome.  I wonder if momma is going to make some of my favorite pinto beans to...hint hint.

As my mommies have not updated here in ages, I thought I would let you know how much I've been kicking heiny and taking names is the new stuff category.

  • I crawl- and not the army crawl I started with, but more of a lightning fast, omgoodness where is he going crawl.
  • I can walk when I hold mommy or momma's hands or when I use my cart
  • I try to stand up on own and I'm slowly getting better at it.  Momma says what is most important is for me to learn to fall on my heiny.
  • I have 6 teeth and choose to sharpen them not where the teething guards are on the crib, but everywhere else.
  • I have favorite books.  To let my momma know, I bat at the book I don't like until she picks one of the ones I do.
  • I love water.  I love it so much that when I'm not in the bathtub or the kid pool, I'm looking for the next person to take a shower so I can stick my head in.
  • I tried cat food for the first time the other day.  Momma swiped it out of my mouth before I had a good opportunity to chew it.  Meanie.
Just like last I broke into my mommies blogger account, I'm supposed to be taking a nap.  I need to go before I'm caught.

Love,
Will

2 comments:

anofferingoflove said...

omg, ONE already!??! the picture is adorable, what a sweetheart! :)

Kahrenheit said...

He's such a beautiful little one! I can't wait to finally meet him, and see you and Janet again. <3