Bullets so that I can cover a whole bunch of ground and skip around.
• Baby Andrew has been cooking for over 25 weeks now
• I love love love to “palpate” Janet’s belly in an attempt to determine where his head, butt, spine are. So far its really just a bunch of guessing.
• He’s a decent boxer/kicker when he bothers to wake up.
• If you refuse the eye drops in the state of Texas is opens a case on you with the state. We will not be refusing as we have to worry about the second parent adoption. Those eye drops piss me off at the core.
• It snowed here on Saturday/Sunday. As I was driving home from picking up takeout, I was in awe of the moment. A year ago I would never have envisioned that I would be driving home in snow to my pregnant (and very beautiful) wife.
• We’ve finally started cleaning out Andrew’s nursery. For the past ~4 years, we’ve used his room as a big walk in closet, complete with dressers, ironing board, and full utilization of his walk in closet. Finding alternative places is proving to be rather difficult. I apparently have a large quantity of clothes, but nothing to wear.
• The reason I have nothing to wear- I keep gaining weight. When Janet and I met, I was a size 10. Now, I’m a 14. This does not make me happy. So, in the spirit of a few comments I’ve made on other blogs, today starts my NGM gets fit by baby boy’s birthday. So folks, that gives me a little over 3 months to do things that will make me better for our little boy. Specific goals to come.
• As an NGM (non gestational mother), I’m pretty shocked at how, so far, connected I feel to Janet’s whole pregnancy. I expected to experience some jealousy in the process, but so far, nothing. The feelings I can best enunciate are those of pride and intense, perhaps even fierce devotion.
• We’re obsessed with penguins at our house and last night I read, Your Personal Penguin to Janet’s belly.
• I’ve found the rug below on Craigslist and will go buy it tonight. I think it should go great with our generally bright theme.
6 years ago