Monday, March 22, 2010

Bullets so that I can cover a whole bunch of ground and skip around.
• Baby Andrew has been cooking for over 25 weeks now
• I love love love to “palpate” Janet’s belly in an attempt to determine where his head, butt, spine are. So far its really just a bunch of guessing.

• He’s a decent boxer/kicker when he bothers to wake up.

• If you refuse the eye drops in the state of Texas is opens a case on you with the state. We will not be refusing as we have to worry about the second parent adoption. Those eye drops piss me off at the core.

• It snowed here on Saturday/Sunday. As I was driving home from picking up takeout, I was in awe of the moment. A year ago I would never have envisioned that I would be driving home in snow to my pregnant (and very beautiful) wife.

• We’ve finally started cleaning out Andrew’s nursery. For the past ~4 years, we’ve used his room as a big walk in closet, complete with dressers, ironing board, and full utilization of his walk in closet. Finding alternative places is proving to be rather difficult. I apparently have a large quantity of clothes, but nothing to wear.

• The reason I have nothing to wear- I keep gaining weight. When Janet and I met, I was a size 10. Now, I’m a 14. This does not make me happy. So, in the spirit of a few comments I’ve made on other blogs, today starts my NGM gets fit by baby boy’s birthday. So folks, that gives me a little over 3 months to do things that will make me better for our little boy. Specific goals to come.

• As an NGM (non gestational mother), I’m pretty shocked at how, so far, connected I feel to Janet’s whole pregnancy. I expected to experience some jealousy in the process, but so far, nothing. The feelings I can best enunciate are those of pride and intense, perhaps even fierce devotion.

• We’re obsessed with penguins at our house and last night I read, Your Personal Penguin to Janet’s belly.

• I’ve found the rug below on Craigslist and will go buy it tonight. I think it should go great with our generally bright theme.

2 comments:

anofferingoflove said...

wow, 25 weeks already!? i could never tell what was head/butt/spine etc either. still, so fun to feel! :)

i hate the eye drops too. we had to sign this huge waiver/release just to walk out of the hospital without the hep b shot. gave in on the eye drop issue. its crazy.

cindyhoo2 said...

I love this post. So much good stuff happening right now.

We also love penguins in our house and we have also been doing some online shopping.

And it is lovely to hear that you have felt utterly connected to Janet's pregnancy.

Now I am looking forward to your goals. :)