Sunday, January 25, 2009

Meal of the Week, 1/25/09

I missed last week, call me lazy, so, you're getting a classic clean out the refrigerator meal at our house.
For your viewing pleasure- "Clean out the fridge" Split Pea Soup
Key ingredients:
1 bag split peas

1 bag cubed ham

96 oz's chicken broth


Things I needed to clean out of the fridge:

Half a bag of baby carrots, chopped
6+ shallots, chopped
4 stalks of celery, chopped
6+ baby bella mushrooms

Hopefully this won't horrify anyone, but this is my method of making the soup:


On medium high, heat broth, split peas, and ham. As I chopped them, I added the "clean out the fridge ingredients". I simmered for 1.5 hours and added salt and pepper to taste.

I would normally include a cocktail recipe, but this one was enjoyed with water. We had the pleasure of joining MBW's parents for a wine and cheese lunch, so we decided to keep to the spirit of moderation for dinner!


No comments: