Friday, October 9, 2009

All this, for four eggs.

I am completely deflated.

They aren't sure if all the follicles they saw on the sono's were just duds- or if the ovidrel didn't work.

To add insult to injury, California Cryo apparently shipped a dud for our sperm (2.3 versus their guarantee of 10) and the clinic just called us to ask us how we would like to pay for ICSI.  I have no idea where exactly we are going to get $1200 by the transfer as it wasn't budgeted and we don't get paid until next Friday.  I'm sure we'll figure it out. 

Thanks so much to Heidi and N for pointing me towards Vee and Jay's blog.  It makes me hopeful.

4 comments:

Heidi said...

http://veeandjay.wordpress.com/

These gals have a great story of few eggs....read for inspiration!!

I have faith in those four :)

N said...

I was going to point you there. I also have a friend who had 4 eggs, two fertilized, the result is now nearly two. ♥ So disheartening, I know, after all that work, though.

anofferingoflove said...

f*ck. i am really sorry.

ill add another success story (though im sure they dont do that much to ease your frustration right now) - my SIL had 4 eggs retrieved too; 1 made it to transfer; and their beautiful little boy is 4 months old now.

dont give up hope on your 4 - it only takes 1. sending big ((hugs)) your way and hopes for a good fert report and successful ET in a few days.

cindyhoo2 said...

Damn, damn damn!! I now how it feels to go through all the process for only 4 eggs. It sucks and it is frightening. I am sorry you are dealing with this.

BUT....egg quality is much more important than quantity. I still have faith in this process and your eggs.

And having to pay for ICSI unexpectedly: holy stressful finances!