Friday, October 16, 2009

The best is yet to come

We now have the embryo transfer and related bedrest behind us.  Everything went well- two pretty embryos transferred (Larry and Curley for those keeping track).  Apparently Moe decided that he/she was indeed not a morning, afternoon, evening or night person.  The transfer went without a hitch- pic of our embies to be posted when I am home to turn on the scanner.  Janet thoroughly enjoyed her bedrest and *hopefully* went back to work today feeling rested and happy. 

Since Janet didn't take the HCG shot, it is our understanding that early pregnancy tests will work on her.  So far, I've bought six based on this website's detection level info.  I also found this fabulous poll/thread for surrogates that gives a good idea of when, if we are preggo with twins or a singleton, our hpt will show a positive (all based on a 5 day fresh transfer).  Naturally, since I've been buying a$$ loads of tests, I had her test last night, 1 day post transfer.  Negative- duh, but satisfying.  I will start getting anxious on Sunday and Monday.

This weekend is going to be jam packed.  Hopefully jam packed will mean less time to obsess.  Tonight we're bonding with our inner 6 year olds and I CANNOT WAIT!  Bring on Where the Wild Things Are!  I've been a hug fan since I first read the book in the late 80's.  My 13th birthday party was even themed after the book- "Let the Wild Rumpus Begin!"  and I have the t-shirt, etc etc...anyway, like I said, I CANNOT WAIT!!!

3 comments:

N said...

Go go Larry and Curley!!!

anofferingoflove said...

im glad you'll be testing ~ be sure to keep us updated!! im sending burrowing vibes to larry and curly.

sounds like a wonderful, distracting weekend, have fun!

Heather said...

Hope it's a great movie-going day and the weekend passes with positive changes inside!