Sunday, October 18, 2009

Hello, It's Me Again

I am painfully aware, as is Meredith, how long it has been since my one and only post. It's not that I don't want to, its just not something I think about doing. Oh, and she is so thorough I'm not sure I have any relevant information to add!

What I realized I could add, and should add, is my current role as incubator. I felt a little crampy/crappy for a couple of days but now I feel really good. It is hard for me to remember not to over exert myself and take it easy. I stress over what would be too much versus Meredith thinking I am just trying to get out of chores! I know she doesn't think I am lazy, but I sure wouldn't mind convincing her that cleaning out the litter box was overwhelming!

Well, I don't want to wear myself out on my second ever post so I will save a little for later this week. We had a busy weekend and ended with a dinner party for my Mom's 76th birthday! We had a great time and love being with our family. (Hi Mom, hope you had a good time - we love you!)

All for now - Janet

8 comments:

Tyler Tuszynski said...

You shouldn't be cleaning the litter box anyhow - with the risk of toxoplasmosis and all!

Meredith said...

Janet, meet Tyler- JD, MPH. If you ever need ammunition to get your way- call him!

Katy W. said...

Doh! Tyler beat me to it!

I guess I should start commenting here instead of just reading the blog on RSS and emailing Meredith :)

Cheers you two! Mom and I have you in our thoughts.

anofferingoflove said...

im with tyler, i think you have a perfectly legit excuse to avoid cleaning out the litter box now!

crampy/crappy sounds promising, keeping fingers crossed for you ladies!

cindyhoo2 said...

Nice to meet you Janet. I agree that the litter box is utterly off limits for you. In fact, I have talked my sweetie into full time litterbox duty in preparation for me maybe getting pregnant next month. You've gotta work it girl! (Sorry Meredith)

I am keeping my fingers crossed that you lovelies get wonderful news very soon.

Tyler Tuszynski said...

Sorry Mer! :P

The Miller Menagerie said...

Janet, the litter box is a no-go, only, if the cats are indoor-outdoor. I've always changed our cats litter, with full-blessings of our doctor or midwife (depending on whether or not I was currently pissed at the medical establishment and going to a hippy midwife), because our cats are, and have always been, 100% indoors. The most outdoors they get is from the inside of a screen window.

Otherwise, single ladies, don't despair. You don't have to get rid of your indoor-outdoor cats, if you have no one else to care for them. You can wear a mask, surgical gloves, and be sure to wash your face & hands thoroughly after each litter changing. Although, the chance is, you've probably already contracted toxoplasmosis if you've been changing indoor-outdoor cat's litter for an extended period of time. For peace of mind as to your toxo status, your doctor or midwife can order a test to determine where exactly you stand.

Sadly, I have "animal loving" family members whose crackpot doctors convinced them to give their cats to the shelter because they couldn't change their litter while pregnant, since they didn't have a backup helper to assist. Very sad....

The Miller Menagerie said...

"Single ladies" was addressed to other ladies, obviously. It didn't come out exactly clear. But, all of my anecdotes were of ladies in the family who were pregnant and without help. Thus, the general address of single ladies in general.

{end nerdy, awkward discourse}

:)